header

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Why I Run

Today is my first run of week 3. It was just going to be a normal recap of my run and pace time, but today I had to take my kiddo with me so we headed over to the track. He rode his bike and played while I did my run/walk. While I was running he was sitting in the bleachers yelling go mommy, run mommy. I looked over at that big cheesy smile and thought , this is why I'm running.

This is not a weight loss blog, I have no desire to have a weight loss blog.  I'm not running to lose weight. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to lose some weight but that's not my main goal and that's not what I want to blog about. I want to run, I want to be strong, I want to be healthy. Those were my goals going I to this and today I realized all those are really one big goal. I want my son to be all those things. I want him to have a love of fitness, I want him to be strong and healthy. I need to be his example of what healthy is. 

I never had that growing up. No one worked out in my family. We ate a lot, watched a lot of tv, and my mom and aunts did a lot of bad diets.  I am not blaming them for my lack of fitness or my weight.  I am a big girl and I could have changed all this a long time ago.  I want my son to see my run, to see my set a goal and accomplish it.  I want him to be willing to try anything and work hard for something he wants. 

I also want him to have me.  A healthy me that will go outside and chase him on his bike, a me that can hike all through the woods on a nature walk or swim all day in a pool.  I want to be around for years and years.  I want to be able to chase my grand kids around on their bikes one day.  This is why I run, for this cheesy little smile who thinks I'm the best. 

Anyways, Week 3 Day 2 Run/Walk

Distance: 3.01 Miles
Pace 15:42

My time's not that great but it was kinda hard to run with the kiddo there.  I was constantly looking around to make sure he was ok and when he fell off his bike I had to go make sure he was ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment